HCPC Registration for radiographers

How to register as a radiographer in the UK


To work as a radiographer in the United Kingdom, it is vital to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).


Candidates do not need to be in the UK to complete the forms and forward HCPC application to the HCPC assessors.


HCPC radiographer forms consists of the following sections:

  • Candidate’s details

  • Experience

  • Education

  • Professional registration/membership

  • Declaration

  • Language competencies




The HCPC will assess each case individually. The length and duration of clinical training/ internship is extremely important.


Moreover, a transcript (syllabus) is also crucial in the HCPC registration procedures.

This document would need to be obtained from the university.


 The HCPC will need to be satisfied that the international applicant fulfils the Standards of Proficiency for Radiographers.


In relation to English language requirements. Candidates would need to pass the IELTS examination and deliver a certificate to the HCPC office via post.




There is no legal obligation to register with the HCPC as a radiographer if healthcare professionals solely working as a sonographer.

We have HCPC registered radiographers in our team.

They can assist with the forms and procedures.

Please ring Monroe Medical and our friendly HCPC registered consultants to enquire about radiographer registration in the UK.

Do I need HCPC Registration?

To work legally in the UK candidates would need to be fully registered with HCPC and HCPC registration is required for a work placement, as well as for a visa used by the Home Office. 

How can I check my HCPC Registration status?


On the HCPC Registration website, there is a page called - check the register. You will need to put your details and HCPC

registration number. A fully HCPC registered physiotherapist will appear on the HCPC register web page.