All You Need to Know About the Adaptation for Physiotherapist by HCPC

HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) is a regulator (professional body in the UK) set up to protect the public. HCPC keep a Register of health and care professionals (physiotherapists, OT’s etc.) who meet so called Standards of Proficiency relating to professional training, clinical skills, behaviour and health. What is a period of adaptation for physiotherapist? According to HCPC a period of adaptation is a period of supervised practice and/or academic training intended to make up for significant shortfalls identified by the HCPC assessor. A period of adaptation for physiotherapists is supervised by a registered member of HCPC. In summary it means that physiotherapists moving from Europe into the UK have to register with HCPC and undergo various assessments in order to work legally in their chosen profession. If the shortfalls and gaps are identified by the HCPC assessor, the candidates would be required to complete a period of adaptation. Who is eligible for a period of adaptation? There are 2 main criteria you need to meet in order to undergo adaptation training. 1. If you are a National of a 'Relevant European State' OR have 'acquired rights' i.e. you have married to a national of a 'Relevant European State'. AND 2. You are entitled to practice physiotherapy in one of the following countries; Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or United Kingdom. How we can assist with adaptation training for physiotherapists If you are required to un